Thursday, April 9, 2009

About this blog...

Hello! This is my first blog and because I am not a creative writer (like most of the people in my family), I thought I would make this blog informative. I was thinking that there will be how-to information on metalsmithing and jewelry making, as well as info about selling on Etsy.

So... let me start by giving you some information about me. I am a stay at home mom of two, that started selling handmade jewelry on Etsy in Jun '06. Starting with MoonLit Creations (www.moonlitcreations.etsy.com) and just started my new line called Earthen Creations (www.earthencreations.etsy.com) in Jan '09. The pictures below are examples of my jewelry from these stores.

Triskele Necklace
Photobucket

Dark Tree Necklace
Photobucket

I am mostly a self taught jewelry artist, learning from books and the internet but I recently got my first metalsmithing class taught by Nanz Aalund (http://www.nanzaalund.com). So I will be learning as I go with this too!

Well that is about all for this little intro I will be making my first how-to shortly on how to make the Tree Necklace above! I hope you will stop by and check it out!

♥Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fan Page on Facebook...

MoonLit Creations on Facebook